Wednesday, April 30, 2014
08:30 AM - 09:15 AM
This session presents the audience a complete overview of the process to create a complete Enterprise Information Management architecture that can be used to leverage and guardrail both short term projects and long term strategies used by IT that support and qualify the business to compete in the market place.
The audience will leave the session with templates and step by step instructions on how document and create an architecture that supports the business strategy:
- Document the current state of the architecture using standard TOGAF symbology
- Develop a capability map that represents the business and IT strategy for each domain
- Develop the architecture diagrams that represent the major EIM domains and specific capabilities
- Design the roadmap to meet the strategies laid by the business
- Using the reference architecture develop the roadmap to reach the desired end state
Sample reference architecture templates will be included.
Luminita is an Information Management professional with extended experience in Information and Data architecture. Currently Luminita is an Enterprise Information Architect at Moneygram International in Minneapolis MN. Her experience spans several industries - banking and finance, manufacturing, health care. She holds an undergraduate degree in MIS/Business/Finance from Augsburg College in Minneapolis, and an MBA from St. Thomas College in St. Paul Minnesota. Luminita is an active member of the local DAMA Minnesota chapter; she speaks several foreign languages and is an active volunteer for the Bloomington SisterCity organization in Bloomington, MN. Luminita is a CDMP and CBIP certified data architect and one of the first to take and pass the Integration and Interoperability ICCP test.