Tuesday, April 29, 2014
10:15 AM - 11:00 AM
This presentation describes the journey Statoil are undertaking in their MDM strategy.
Attendees at this case study will learn:
- How Statoil analyzed the 1, 3 & 5 year corporate investment program & developed Information Management initiatives to align with the strategic business programs.
- How they developed & utilized a Conceptual Master Data model & Investment program to determine which MDM subject areas to address.
- How Statoil leveraged a 7 component MDM reference architecture in their evaluation of MDM solutions.
- Their decision process for evaluating single domain vs. multi-domain MDM solutions.
- Which of the 6 MDM architectures (e.g. hub, hybrid, registry, virtualized) were appropriate for the identified target MDM subject areas.
The process adopted for developing the business case will be shared together with the lessons learned from this MDM initiative.
Christopher Bradley has over 30 years Information Management experience and his career has included the UK Ministry of Defence, Volvo Europe, Thorn EMI, Readers Digest Inc (as European CIO), and Coopers and Lybrand (later PWC) where he established and ran the International Data Management specialist practice. Later he established and ran a UK based Consultancy practice.
Chris is currently the Chief Data Officer at FromHereOn. He advises Global organisations including ANZ, TOTAL, ACE, BP, Statoil and Saudi Aramco on Data Governance, Information Management best practice and how organisations can genuinely exploit Information.
Chris sits on many assorted Oil & Gas standards bodies, an executive of DAMA, a contributor to DMBoK 2.0, member of the Metadata Professional Organisation (MPO) and holder at “Master” level and examiner for the DAMA CDMP professional certification. He has authored many white papers and co-authored a book.