Curtiss-Wright (acquired Scientech 2007) is a global provider of products and services for the commercial nuclear power industry, oil and gas processing facilities, and critical national defense programs. Scientech’s Information Solutions (IS) Division focuses on handling and analyzing nuclear power data stored in numerous disparate datasets. Traditionally, this analysis has focused on understanding what has happened in the past and what is happening now.
In 2012, Scientech saw the opportunity to take the solution to the next level by introducing the ability to see emerging trends, determine focus on areas for improvement supported with root causality, and better predict future issues and respond accordingly.
Since Dec 2012, Scientech has been working in partnership with Saffron Technologies next generation predictive intelligence application to develop an Advanced Analytics Solution to unleash what the data knows to help power generation plants – avoid unwanted outcomes, prepare for upcoming activities, and anticipate where to focus attention.
When launched in fall 2013 the Scientech solution will allow its clients to:
- Connect large data sets to see growing trends presented as web-based visualization tools (associative analytics)
- See data connections used to spot growing trends and avoid unwanted outcomes by seeing emerging trends
- Prepare to take action by highlighting focus areas for improvement
- Anticipate future issues and respond accordingly
- Replicate consistently the process human analysts apply to data review (natural intelligence)
In this session we’ll review the adoption and process methodology and lessons learned that lead to successful implementation, including:
- Discover – Ingestion ( ETL ) into SaffronMemoryBase
- Visualize – connections within diverse data sources and analytical results.
- Refine – Optimization of system performance and output
- Implement – System rollout and user training.